We are looking for a Technical Writer to take ownership of a piece of DemonWare’s externally-facing documentation. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, comfortable working independently with little to no supervision. This opportunity is offered on the basis of an initial six month contract.
DemonWare, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, specialises in creating client- and server-side networking software and services for video games such as Call of Duty, Guitar Hero, and Spyro. As a software & services company we develop and deploy robust, scalable services to support millions of users in real time, often with often rapid turnaround times.
We're looking for someone who loves writing and is prepared to take a hands-on role, with involvement in all aspects of DemonWare's business.
The role will involve:
- Gathering documentation requirements
- Reviewing and improving existing documentation
- Developing new user manuals, installation guides, online help guides etc.
- Assisting senior engineers with the production of white papers
- Verifying documentation by testing features
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science or English
- Fluent English
- A minimum of three years of technical writing experience in a software development environment
- Excellent research, analysis and writing skills
- Ability to understand complex technical concepts
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfortable producing documentation to schedule for a variety of different audiences
- Willingness and ability to learn
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, creative environment
- Speaks fluent 'nerd'
- Good sense of humour
- Experience of the games industry
- Experience with web development frameworks such as Django
- Experience with user-centered design/information architecture
- Good grasp of wiki markup
- Experience with API documentation (C++, WebServices) for a software developer audience
Enquiries to: jobs 'at' demonware.net