DemonWare works closely with Activision Blizzard game development studios to produce software that is the backbone for the online experience in their games. From a title’s green-light to release day, we are involved in developing new features and content that drive the industry.
The Online Services team is responsible for developing the web APIs which are used to power the web experiences for Activision games. The team works with the web developers, and often with the game developers too, in order to provide an integrated experience from game to web.
- Responsible for the software output of the team (producing reliable software to specification)
- Requirements gathering and interacting with external studios
- Code reviews for team members
- Allocating tasks to team members
- Mapping resourcing needs for the team
- Working closely with game studio developers, leads, and producers
- A degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Initiative and the ability to complete complex tasks with minimal supervision
- Excellent programming skills and familiarity with software development methodologies
- Experience with web service development, with focus on security and scalability
- Experience with SQL and database design, specifically MySQL
- Experience with REST-based web services
- Experience with Linux/Unix
- Familiarity with networking protocols, e.g. TCP, HTTP
- Track record of leadership and excellent communication skills
- Willingness to travel and accommodate a flexible work schedule
Benefits include: Excellent salary (DOE) w/ annual salary and performance review, medical insurance, pension contributions, generous annual bonus, flexible working practices, and 25+ days vacation allowance
Please note: We do not require agency assistance at this time.