Activision Central Technology (CT) is a group of engineers that collaborate with Activision studios to provide expertise in tools, graphics, systems engineering, and optimization.
The CT tools engineers at times support all parts of the asset creation, build pipelines, and automation across the studios. For example, we provide a centralized server farm, with bespoke systems for continuous integration and testing. We offer expertise in devops-style automation.
Our work also takes us into studio-specific tools, where we help with robustness, optimization, and occasional feature development.
We thrive on finding root causes of instability and slowdowns. We obsess about details and quality.
Today we are looking for engineers at all levels of seniority to help drive these efforts forward. If you are passionate about helping others, excited about unlocking team productivity, and overall love to solve problems, we want to talk with you!
- Assist in designing, developing and maintaining tools, testing frameworks, and build services and infrastructure
- Maintain a solid understanding of the production pipelines at our studios
- Write clear, maintainable, well-commented, and highly functional code
- Profile, analyze, and optimize tools, processes, and pipelines
- Work on run time engine tasks as needed to support specific project requirements
- 3+ years professional programming experience on large software projects
- Solid software engineering skills, including the ability to write robust, maintainable, well-architected code
- Strong programming and scripting skills in C++, Python, and other languages
- Knowledge of continuous integration platforms and version control systems
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively with multiple teams and developers
- Commitment to code quality, documentation, and sound testing procedures
- Self-motivated and able to quickly learn new areas of development
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience