Demonware creates and provides the online services behind hugely popular
video game franchises such as Call of Duty and Skylanders. We do
matchmaking, microtransactions, and data analytics for almost half a
billion users. Demonware has offices in Dublin, Ireland; Vancouver,
Canada; and Shanghai, China, and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of
Activision Blizzard, Inc.
to be responsible for the online gaming experience for tens of millions
of players? How about developing the algorithms that match players
together from around the world? Now is your chance!
provides online software and services for gaming. We design, develop,
and host customized services such as matchmaking, microtransactions,
player profiles, leaderboards, and data analytics for over 100 games,
including some of the world’s most popular video game franchises like
Call of Duty, Destiny, Guitar Hero, and Skylanders.
We are a
technology-driven company with a commitment to openness. This means
collaborating to solve problems, the freedom to talk to anyone, and that
the best idea wins. As an independently-run subsidiary of
Activision-Blizzard, we have the freedom to maintain the feel of a
startup culture, but one with the resources and backing of a
of the Matchmaking team is to create a fully tuneable product, placing
globally connected players together in the best possible matches.
Matchmaking is the core of the multiplayer gameplay experience. A
successful matchmaking engine is at the heart of every successful online
Problems we need to solve:
- How do you balance the time to find a match vs precision accuracy?
- How do you predict, measure, and evaluate connectivity and latency between peers?
- How do you scale out to millions of concurrent players?
- How do you balance teams that result in fun and compelling games?
and develop the Matchmaking product according to Demonware’s standards
of reliability and quality using best coding and modular design
- Liaise with Studios on feature implementation, ensuring their requirements are met in a timely appropriate manner
- Ensure all components are highly scalable, maintainable, and monitored
- Troubleshoot issues and be proactive about identifying solutions to problems
- Exposure and experience with the domain of Matchmaking in online games
- 4+ years Software Development experience
- Love to code. Excellent Python development skills, or be able to learn it.
- A strong background with open source and Linux environments
- Experience with MySQL and database design (experience with other storage technologies is also a plus)
- Proven ability to analyze requirements and make corresponding design decisions
- A broad understanding of networking protocols, e.g. TCP, HTTP
- Experience with continuous integration and agile methodologies
- A degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Understanding of modern gameplay designs for AAA games; can engage with designers and developers alike
- Exposure to data analytics to be able to work effectively with the Activision Analytics team
What Demonware Offers:
- An excellent salary, with annual performance reviews
- 25 days holidays
- Annual bonus program
- Annual pay review
- Pension matching contributions
- Top-tier healthcare for you and your family
- Life insurance coverage
- Tax Saver Commuter Ticket scheme
- Bike to work Scheme
- Free Activision Games
- Snacks 24/7
working practices, based on the belief that the quality of your work is
not dependent on the number of hours sitting behind a desk
culture that emphasizes continual learning and improvement, with
opportunities for career progression, travel, and a commitment to open
Please note: We do not require agency assistance at this time.