Demonware provides online software and services for gaming. We design, develop, and host customized services such as matchmaking, micro-transactions, player profiles, leaderboards, and data analytics for over 100 games, including some of the world’s most popular video game franchises like Call of Duty, Destiny, and Skylanders.
We are a technology-driven company with a commitment to openness. This means collaborating to solve problems, the freedom to talk to anyone, and that the best idea wins. We take our work seriously; ourselves, not so much. As an independently run subsidiary of Activision-Blizzard, we have the freedom to maintain the feel of a startup culture, but one with the resources and backing of a multinational corporation.
With offices in Vancouver, Dublin, and Shanghai, we are constantly looking to grow our development teams with highly talented Senior Software Engineers. Our core platform is based on Python, Erlang, C++, MySQL and Linux, and backed by technologies such as Docker, Cassandra, AWS, RabbitMQ, Sphinx and Zookeeper.
We’re looking for people who are passionate and driven in their work, and who are looking to make an impact on a product with nearly half a billion users. If you’re excited about working with these technologies, on low-latency, large scale distributed systems, and collaborating with some of the biggest names within the video game industry, then we’d love to hear from you.
The qualities we look for:
Demonware by the numbers:
- Experience delivering or maintaining services at a large scale
- Someone who takes pride in the quality of their code
- A strong background with open source and Linux environments
- Experience with SQL and database design, specifically MySQL (experience with other storage technologies is also a plus)
- Fluency in one or more object-oriented languages or with functional programming, and an interest in working with Python, C++, and Erlang
- An understanding of networking technologies (TCP, UDP, etc), security, and scalability
- The ability to thrive in a dynamic and highly collaborative environment
- 469+ million gamers
- 3.2+ million concurrent online gamers
- 100+ games
- 300,000 requests per second at peak
- Average query response time of <.02 second
- 630,000+ metrics a minute
- 132 billion+ API calls per month